Central West Schools, Rocky Trail Academy is coming to Glenwood State Forest and we’re ready to absolutely send it!
The Rocky Trail Academy is all about fostering the grass-roots development of the cycling sport and are part of our junior rider development program.
Geared towards secondary school students these events are held on a Friday for girls and boys categories in Year 7+8 (Junior), Year 9+10 (Intermediate) and Year 11+12 (Senior). They not only engage youth in healthy social and active recreation but brings a heightened appreciation of nature, the environment, self-reliance , self-learning and independence, all as part of riding a bike in the outdoors.
Rider briefings are posted 1-2 days prior to the event and event photos are uploaded 24-48 hours after event.
Our 3 Tracks have been designed to test a variety of skills, including endurance, speed and technical ability
Got a question, check out our FAQ’s or send us a message on the chat at the bottom of the page
Glenwood State Forest, Lidster NSW
Rocky Trail Entertainment works closely with the local clubs and land owners or venue managers to make sure each event has the lowest environment impact as possible. We also donate a portion per riders entry fee to the club to help them further develop the trails.
- The NEW Event Hub will be located at the mid point on Goat Hill Rd. Early bird parking will be between the Event Hub and Track starts, overflow parking will be available below the Event hub. We have plenty of fire roads available, with a little walk up to the Hub.
- School buses and trailers will be parked near the Goat Road intersection. please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can allocate enough space. Limited turning circle on site.
- To get there, head out of Orange on Cargo Road until you get to the Alf Meyers Way turnoff on your left. Continue along Alf Meyers Way following the signs – see direction here
- Parking will be on the Goat Hill Rd and Alf Meyers Way parallel on the rightside (heading down) only, with areas set aside for cars to pass. An area will be allocated at the event hub to allow cars to turn around.
- Marshals will be on hand to assist with parking to ensure the roads are not blocked at anytime.
AddressMW3X+QJ Lidster NSW, Australia
Parking will be on the Goat Hill Rd and Alf Meyers Way parallel on the right side (heading down) only, with areas set aside for cars to pass. An area will be allocated at the event hub to allow cars to turn around. .
Marshals will be on hand to assist with parking to ensure the roads are not blocked at anytime.
Please follow the directions of event staff when entering the venue and park as directed.
Please make sure your vehicle is parked considerately and does not impact access to the event center or trails.
- Registration Tent with live timing, merch and race info
- Space for school team tents
- Music and live race updates
- Professional First Aid
- Port a loos on site
- Bike Support TBC
Food & Refreshments
No event is complete without awesome coffee, epic food and plenty of cold refreshments!
Our Sustainability Pledge
All Rocky Trail events are Ecotourism Certified in the Nature Tourism category by Ecotourism Australia. This means that with Rocky Trail you are guaranteed to be part of a genuine and authentic trail-based nature experience that looks after the environment.
Our Sustainability Pledge is that we encourage our racers to follow some simple tips to ‘tread softly’ when visiting the bush and minimise damage to the natural environment. In summary, when you attend our events, please take only memories, immerse yourself into nature, enjoy spending time with like-minded people on ‘rocky trails’ and please, leave only footprints and tyre marks on the sanctioned trails and in the event perimeter marked out, if you’re a racer.