We are excited to announce a new and thrilling mountain bike competition as part of the Rocky Trail Academy that combines individual skill with team spirit: the Rocky Trail Academy Schools Graduation Cup. The competition is designed to promote camaraderie and sportsmanship among riders while showcasing their abilities in a challenging and exciting environment. Our unique format encourages teamwork and ensures a fair and competitive environment while providing opportunities for male and female riders to shine within their respective teams.
How does it work?
We prepared a Google Form that will collect the team configuration. The process is:
- Sign up students via the standard ONLINE REGISTRATION portal for the event and advise who their school team manager is.
- Fill in the required information for each team
Students are welcome to attend independently as well; this is an additional classification and the event will still show the classic Rocky Trail Academy Results for individual riders IN ADDITION to the team classification results. Riders who are nominated in this form in the correct team configuration (see below), will show up in the Graduation Cup Team classification.
- Each male team will consist of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 riders.
- Each female team will consist of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 riders.
- This flexible team size allows schools to assemble teams based on the available riders and ensures that both male and female teams have an appropriate number of members.
Individual Rider Results:
- Each rider will participate in the competition individually, tackling a variety of challenging
mountain bike courses.
- Riders will be ranked individually based on their performance in the designated courses, taking into account factors like time, technical skills, and overall performance.
- Individual rankings will contribute to the team’s overall score.
Team Score Calculation:
- For male teams, the team score will be calculated based on the aggregated ranking scores of the lowest three ranked male riders in the team.
- For female teams, the team score will be calculated based on the aggregated ranking scores of the lowest two ranked female riders in the team.
- The lower the aggregated score, the better the team’s performance.
- By considering the lowest rankings of three male riders and two female riders respectively, we aim to emphasize the importance of teamwork, strategy, and collaboration to achieve overall success.
- Each rider must complete a minimum of 1 timed run on each of the three designated tracks. This requirement ensures that all riders have the opportunity to showcase their skills on each track and contribute to their team’s overall performance.
- The competition consists of three timed sections, each designed to test a specific set of skills such as endurance, speed, and technical ability.
- By incorporating a variety of track types, the competition aims to provide a well-rounded and comprehensive assessment of the riders’ capabilities.
Find out more about the Rocky Trail Academy Cup rules and regulations and how to enter in the detailed Event Guide.
We look forward to seeing you all at the inaugural Rocky Trail Academy Graduation Cup! If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org