Rocky Trail Academy is Enduro racing with 5 runs per stage for pros and pinners!
What Is Rocky Trail Academy Racing?
These events truly are unique Australia-wide and they are growing fast with juniors and across adult age groups alike!
Rocky Trail Academy is Australia’s most popular gravity schools enduro series, because you can Race the way you Ride!
Ride up untimed with the crew, then pick whatever track you want. Drop in with your buddies, do a reccy lap or pin a race run. It’s about doing party trains, railing berms and racing all in one day.
- Ride the way you want to ride, with warm up runs, and in any order you want! Make it a cruisy day out mountain biking or treat it like an EWS.
- This is enduro racing with new friends and without a tight schedule.
- Work with your crew and other racers to figure out the best order to race, get strategic!
- Have a cruisy day out on the bike or absolutely smash your legs.
- Elite racer, grom or noob, any age, will have a blast!
Whats the Format?
3 Timed Stages, 5 Runs, Fastest On Each Counts!
- At EVERY RACE we are offer 3 epic, gravity enduro stages called Fox, Stans & Lazer
- Racing is spread over 2 days, you choose what day you race
- We have base rules: No track order. Always five laps. At least 3 tracks. Pro-stage where we can. That’s at least 15 possible race runs and the fastest time on each stage counts!
- Racing starts at 9:00 am and you have till 3:30 pm to complete a minimum of 1 run per track to get a placing
- You choose what order you ride the stages in
- Stages are an average of 2-3 minutes long, with untimed liaisons so take your time and chat with your mates
- Return to the race village at anytime for food, support or to rest!
- The fastest time on each race track gets added up to the final result across skill and age group classifications.
- Get ready to have an awesome day out as you smash down our Fox Superflow® race tracks to hunt down those precious seconds for the win!
Why Schools choose Rocky Trail Academy
- At selected venues with the appropriate track choices, we will be adding the additional 4th Pro Stage for highly experienced Elite, U21 and Master racers who choose to participate in this additional classification.
- Our goal is to help riders enjoy bikes as much as possible, and for some, that means progressing their riding and racing to a more challenging level.
- For the Pro Stages you will need to wear a compliant full face and we encourage pads (in some rounds we are using portions or all of the venue’s DH tracks)
- Our Pro Stages are EWS-inspired, which is very specific in both ascent liaison elevation and the need for technical descents
- We have expended significant funds to be compliant in timing and administration, therefore the Pro Stages are a realistic training (and play) ground for aspiring gravity racers
- We dream of Rocky Trail Racers breaking to the next level and racing on the world stage
Your Fox Superflow® registration includes the following:
- Personalised Race Plate with timing chip & results QR
- Entry into your state Fox Superflow® series
- Live Timing throughout the event
- Free photos of you on track by professional crew of photographers
- Free giveaways
- Professional First Aid
- Race Starters on all stages
- Event Marshalls
- Event Village with music and race commentary
- Food, Coffee & Drinks Vendors
- Neutral Service / Repairs
- Sponsor Expo & Demonstrations
Categories & Entry
Your Age group will automatically be assigned during the registration process based on your Year of Birth.
Junior Categories $74
- Junior U13
- Junior U15
- Junior U17
- Junior U19
Adult Categories $99
- Elite (19+)
- Expert (19+)
- Veteran (30+)
- Master (40+)
- SuperMaster (50+)
- GrandMaster (60+)
- Ebikes – Open and Masters
Age determination day is December 31 of the current racing year, meaning how old you are at the end of the year determines which Age group category you can race in. Superflow® events are generally are un-shuttled with the exception of the races we host at Mt Buller and Falls Creek in Victoria. Please refer to the specific event websites for event entry fees, which include multiple-day options and include shuttle tickets.
The rules are relatively simple
- No race plate no race
- Always respect other riders no matter their skill, speed, age or gender
- If you leave the track you must return to the same point before continuing your run
- No shortcutting or “local lines” outside the bunted track
- No shuttling
- All bikes and rider safety equipment must comply with the Australian Standards
- eBikes must be unmodified and comply with current Australian standards
- All riders must agree to a Race Waiver when they sign up online or at the race on-site
All Rocky Trail events have the Ecotourism Australia Nature Certification status. This ECO Certification program is a world first and it has been developed to address the need to identify genuine nature and ecotourism operators. This means that with Rocky Trail you are guaranteed to be part of a genuine and authentic trail-based nature experience that looks after the environment.
Our Sustainability Pledge – We encourage our racers to follow some simple tips to ‘tread softly’ when visiting the bush and minimise damage to the natural environment. These guidelines are laid out in our Sustainability Policy and will be communicated and encouraged via Rider Briefings and at the events.
Transfer or Cancel Entry
I Wish To Transfer
In case you can’t make it to the event you can transfer it to someone else or use it for a future event, but you have to let us know before the event by sending an email to email@example.com
I Wish To Cancel
If you wish to cancel your entry simply send us an email. No need for doctor’s certificates or any explanations.
Up to 1 week prior to the event you will receive 80% of your entry back. With less than a week to go we are not able to do refunds but you can either transfer the entry to someone else or get it credited towards another Rocky Trail Entertainment within the next 12 months. We are not able to give any refunds or credits after the race has commenced..